Introducing AI for Year 3
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence – AI.
Aim: Students to recognise what AI is and how it can be used.
Introduction: Show videos of examples of AI in use today.
Discuss with class where they have come across AI.
Key questions include:
- Where have they interacted with it?
- Did it help them?
- Did they feel safe in their interaction?
Quick unplugged AI game:
Sorting cards into groups.
- Put students into groups of 4.
- Give each group a set of cards. These sets may be playing cards, shapes, colours, numbers, animals etc.
- Have each group sort the cards as if they were training a machine to do the sorting.
- After 10 minutes, have each group explain how they went about the exercise, what were the problems they faced.
Extension: Have students create a flowchart or write a brief algorithm that they might have used to start the AI system on its learning journey.
You must log in to post a comment.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours